Thank you so much to the lovely Sarah Skilton over at Parenting, Pastimes and Prosecco for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! I am honoured to be able to take part in this tag and learn about new blogs and support other bloggers for their content.
Sarah runs two lovely blogs that cover a variety of topics ranging from social justice, life style, parenting, mental health and general health. She puts a lot of effort into her work and is quite inspiring overall. Do make sure to check out her blog – I think she covers some very important topics and issues and has a very unique niche!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award was started in 2011 as an award given to bloggers by bloggers (“Liebster” in German means “dearest”!) The award helps newer blogs be discovered and is a way to show appreciation for other blogger’s work and help support them!
What are the rules?
I’ve listed the rules as follows!
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Ask the bloggers 11 questions
Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them
11 Facts about me
- I love travelling, and I’m in the middle of the process of applying to study abroad! If everything goes smoothly, I hope to be travelling all over Europe this September until Christmas and New Years!
- I’m quite picky – in terms of food, things I want to do and buying things! I’m also indecisive and can take a long time choosing between options and things.
- I tend to set unrealistic expectations for myself and really big goals – I want to do everything and see everything, but sometimes time doesn’t allow!
- I’m an introvert! I highly value time to myself and am not exactly the most social or popular person. I like low-key dates and chilling at home with a good book, film or show or doing other hobbies by myself.
- I’m quite obsessed with cats! They’re awfully cute! I also like dogs, but maybe not to the point of obsession. I really want to get a pet when I move out – I’m torn between a cat or a dog – I love cats, but I think I get along better with dogs – also I love samoyeds!
- Speaking of cats and dogs, I’ve never actually had a pet before – my parents have always been strict!
- I’m horrible at maths, especially mental math. It’s a wonder I passed high school maths and was able to get into my uni course!
- My favourite drink is either milk tea or aloe vera
- I get sick quite easily – I should probably work out more and get myself back into better shape!
- I love a good book!
- I like a lot of genres and different activities and sometimes I can’t decide (this links back to being indecisive!) I’m interested in a lot of different things, whether it be music, games, anime, dramas, or sit-coms and I’m always open to recommendations!
Here are the 11 questions I was asked by Sarah and my answers:
1. Is your blog your business or a hobby?
Definitely just a hobby! You might notice that I’m quite casual and informal in some of my posts and I just write on things I’m passionate about and liking at the moment. I’m quite a small blogger, so I don’t get a massive amount of engagement to the point that I’m making money on my blog. I do it purely for enjoyment and I love it!
2. Would you like to meet blog followers in real life or would it be too weird?
I already know some of my followers, because they are my friends in real life and before I started my blog! As for my other blog followers and those internationally, I think it would be pretty cool to do so one day! Even if it were weird – I’m all for weird!
3. As a Fitbit wearer I get no steps sat blogging all day. How do you stay active and fit?
I’m part of the badminton team at uni, so I play every week! It’s actually quite tiring and I sweat a lot. I really enjoy it though, which is surprising, since I’m not a fan of many other sports. I prefer individual sports more than team sports, which I’m awful at! I also jog occasionally and when I’m not too lazy to do so! I also used to do tennis and gymnastics. It’s all up to personal preference what kinds of sports you are in to, but my advice is to find a sport or activity you really like doing and just go for it! If you love it, it won’t feel like a bore to you and it’ll be really rewarding.
4. If you weren’t blogging what would you be doing?
I’m still studying at uni at the moment, so I’d probably just be studying all the same but it wouldn’t be as fun without blogging! I’d probably be writing in a journal my thoughts or talking heaps to people, since there’s so much to write about I couldn’t keep it to myself!
6. If humans didn’t need to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d use that time to live a second life, or watch TV and play games! By living a second life, I mean something along the lines of Hannah Montana, and be a celebrity! Otherwise, I’d use that time to read or travel! You learn so much by doing either. And heck, I’d do a lot with an extra 7-8 hours a day. Realistically, I’d probably use that time to clean or do my homework, which I’d undoubtedly been procrastinating all day.
7. What flavour crisps would you describe yourself as and why?
Original. Because I’m pretty original. Either that, or salt and vinegar – because I can be kind of sassy sometimes.
8. What is your most popular post of all time?
My post on whether ‘society favours extroverts’? You can find it here. I’m honestly really proud of what I’ve written there, and it currently has almost 100 views.
9. But what is your most favourite post?
Probably my post on ‘Overcoming Failure‘; I think it’s a post that I have to keep coming back to to remind myself that failing isn’t always bad or what defines you. People have also found it helpful and told me it was a good post. I make mistakes and fail at things all the time, so I think its a rather relatable post.
10. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I am some one who overthinks things a lot and has a lot of thoughts running through my mind everyday, so I decided I would post some of them online and share what I am passionate about. I hoped some one would find value in my writing and feel inspired or happier from reading my content. I was also going through a tough time when I first set up my blog and felt rather lonely, so I decided to spill my feelings and felt better about writing it out. Blogging has been very rewarding so far, and has allowed me to reach out to many other amazing people.
11. What is your favourite animal (alive or extinct) and why?
I’m just going to go with cats and kittens, because they are just too cute!
I am nominating the following lovely people to take part in this award!
- Naomi Cooper from Trips with a Tot
- Aqy from Skinny Decxf Latte
- Jasmine from Thoughts from Jasmine
- Single Vegas Girl from Single Vegas Girl Blog
- Nikky from StylishWalks
- Corrine & Kirsty from Corrine and Kirsty
- John from John’s Road to Volunteering
- Zara from Zara McIntosh
- Theodora from The Melbourne Whirl
- Jen from BeautyLifeMom
- Zofia Fura from MissFineBeauty
My questions for you are:
- How did you come up with the name of your blog or website? Does it have any meaning behind it?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What is the biggest mistake or regret you have ever made?
- What is your favourite flavour of crisps/chips/fries? If you where a flavour of crisps, which would you choose?
- What is your most popular blog post that you have written?
- What is your favourite blog post you have written?
- Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time?
- What are your hobbies or favourite things to do during your spare time?
- What are your favourite foods and drinks?
I hoped you enjoyed my post and I look forward to reading all your posts!